From "Alive and Cooking", a simple yet impressive lamb dish. It's actually pretty quick but the eggplant does take some time in the oven; you can do the aioli before time to cut down on the time needed.
- 2 large lamb backstraps (they will cook quicker) or 2 large use lamb fillets (they will cook quicker)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- couscous, and
- steamed vegetables, for serving
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons good quality egg mayonnaise
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Mix lamb together with garlic, paprika, parsley, lemon and oil and season to taste. Marinate for 10 minutes if desired or cook immediately by char-grilling for 5 minutes on each side, or until done to your liking.
- Allow to rest for 2 minutes before slicing and serving over couscous with Eggplant Aioli and steamed vegetables such as sugar snap peas and carrots.
- Eggplant Aioli:.
- Bake whole eggplant on a foil lined baking tray at 180°C for 45 minutes or until soft. Cut in half, scoop out flesh and place in a food processor with the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth, season to taste and serve over lamb. This keeps well refrigerated.