Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Bobby Flay and Hellman's. Added ingredients and cleaned the instructions.
Make and share this Smoked Paprika Egg Salad Sandwich on Whole Grain recipe from Food.com.
- 158.51 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml white wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml smoked spanish paprika (or sweet paprika)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (green and pale green part)
- 44.37 ml finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 236.59 ml diced celery
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 44.37 ml olive oil (for brushing the bread slices)
- 8 slice whole grain or 8 slice whole wheat bread
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- fresh parsley leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, white wine viengar, and smoked Spanish paprika in a large bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup of the mayonnaise mixture for brushing the bread slices.
- Add the green onion, parsley, celery and eggs to the remaining mayonnaise mixture and gently fold to combine; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush the bread on both sides with some of the oil and grill on a grill or grill pan until lightly golden brown or place on a baking sheet and place under the broiler for 45 seconds per side. Brush the top of the bread slices with the reserved mayonnaise mixture lightly.
- Divide the egg salad among the 8 slices of bread, top with slices of onion and a few parsley leaves. Serve open-faced.
This is not your ordinary egg salad! This is majorly delicious. I made this exactly as written, but used butter, instead of olive oil, to spread on the toasted bread. I highly recommend using the smoked paprika and not changing anything about the recipe, as all these ingredients are key to making this egg salad special. Thanx for posting; I can hardly wait to make this again!
Very good. Made exactly as stated and indeed, would not change anything. This was a great lunch and I even had some left for a snack in the evening.
Thanks for posting.
This is wonderful. I didn't have any dijon, white wine vinegar or green onions so I substituted with 2T yellow mustard, 1T of cider vinegar and minced sweet onion. The taste is fantastic. Next time I'm at the store I'll pick up the real ingredients and make it again. Thank you.