Recipe by Rinshinomori
From Bobby Flay and Hellman's. Added ingredients and cleaned the instructions.
Top Review by *Parsley*
This is not your ordinary egg salad! This is majorly delicious. I made this exactly as written, but used butter, instead of olive oil, to spread on the toasted bread. I highly recommend using the smoked paprika and not changing anything about the recipe, as all these ingredients are key to making this egg salad special. Thanx for posting; I can hardly wait to make this again!
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon smoked spanish paprika (or sweet paprika)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (green and pale green part)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup diced celery
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (for brushing the bread slices)
- 8 slices whole grain or 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- fresh parsley leaves, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, white wine viengar, and smoked Spanish paprika in a large bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup of the mayonnaise mixture for brushing the bread slices.
- Add the green onion, parsley, celery and eggs to the remaining mayonnaise mixture and gently fold to combine; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush the bread on both sides with some of the oil and grill on a grill or grill pan until lightly golden brown or place on a baking sheet and place under the broiler for 45 seconds per side. Brush the top of the bread slices with the reserved mayonnaise mixture lightly.
- Divide the egg salad among the 8 slices of bread, top with slices of onion and a few parsley leaves. Serve open-faced.