An yet another good looking barley dish from the Taste site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups cold water
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 2 teaspoons sweet smoked paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 (250 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 250 g green beans, topped, cut into 3cm lengths
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small red capsicum, halved, deseeded, cut into 1cm pieces
- 4 green onions, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/3 cup low-fat yogurt
- lime wedge, to serve
- 1Place the water and pearl barley in a large saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until tender. Rinse under cold running water. Drain.
- 2Meanwhile, combine the paprika and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken and toss to lightly coat. Preheat a chargrill on medium-high. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes each side or until just cooked through.
- 3Cook the beans in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 2 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Rinse under cold running water. Drain.
- 4Whisk together the lime juice and oil in a small bowl. Combine the pearl barley, beans, lime juice mixture, capsicum, shallot and 1/2 cup of coriander in a large bowl. Season with pepper.
- 5Thinly slice the chicken across the grain. Divide the salad among serving plates. Sprinkle with the remaining coriander and top with the chicken. Serve with yoghurt and lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Paprika Chicken With Warm Barley Salad
Serving Size: 1 (674 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.0
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 81.2 mg
- Sodium 183.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 34.4 g