1 hr 40 mins
Diane C #2's Note:
Recipe courtesy Alton Brown, 2012 Show: The Best Thing I Ever Made Episode: Chicken Dinners
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces pimento stuffed green olives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 medium yellow onion, frenched
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Combine the olives, lemon zest and garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 3Mix the smoked paprika, olive oil, 3/4 teaspoon of the salt and pepper into a paste in a large bowl.
- 4Lay the chicken thighs skin-side down. Using a pair of kitchen shears, make a cut down the length of the bone to expose it, then cut the meat away from the bone. Discard the bone. Add the boned chicken thighs to the paste and massage to coat.
- 5Thinly slice the potatoes on a mandoline, about 1/4-inch thick. Arrange the potato slices and onion pieces in an even layer on a foil-lined half sheet pan and sprinkle with the remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- 6Stuff about 2 tablespoons of the olive mixture under the skin of each chicken thigh. Arrange the chicken thighs, skin-side up, on a cooling rack and set the rack over the potatoes and onion in the half sheet pan. Bake until the skin is crispy and the potatoes are tender, 55 to 60 minutes. If you prefer the potatoes crispy, remove the rack with the chicken and return to the oven for an additional 5 to 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Paprika Chicken Thighs With Potato and Onion
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.0
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 105.2 mg
- Sodium 981.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 25.5 g