Prep 25 mins
Cook 16 mins
A nice simple recipe using smoked paprika. Feel free to use the ordianary sweet Hungarian if you have as much trouble getting smoked paprika as I do.
- Mix together the paprika, oil, garlic, basil, salt and cayenne.
- Massage this mix into the chicken breasts and allow to stand for about 20 minutes.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, and saute on both sides until chicken is golden brown and cooked through-about 8 minutes each side depending on the thickness of your fillets.
- Add a little more oil if you need to, though there should be enough from the marinade.
- Slice on the diagonal and serve.
DW and I found this very tasty. The smoked paprika definitely gave the dish a smokey flavor. I did bake this in the oven to allow me to tend to other things rather than the stove top method. I put it in a 350F oven for 25 minutes.
This dish was simple and absolutely outstanding. I used flattened chicken breasts from Costco. They're uniform thickness for easier, faster cooking. They cooked on med-high for 3 to 4 minutes a side and turned out perfectly. When looking at this recipe, I was thinking I'd need to go out and buy some smoked paprika. After a little research, I learned Spanish Paprika IS smoked paprika and we already have that. I minced the garlic instead of keeping it crushed. I left the spice marinade on the breasts for probably close to an hour as I ran behind on my other parts of the meal. It was great, even after having marinated for so long. PERFECT. I served mine with Spicy Sweet Potatoes and Roasted Sugar Snap Peas. Very nice dinner. My husbanf loved, loved, loved it.
I just sent this recipe to my daughter, per her request and realized that I've neglected to rate the recipe. I did not change the recipe at all and it was fantastic. I have marinated for 1 hour and even overnight with fantastic results. Regular paprika would probably be ok but the smoked takes the chicken to a higher level! Thank you.