Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Smokey, creamy chicken. Serve over wide egg noodles.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add chicken and lightly brown for 5 minutes.
- Add onions and garlic and cook 5 more minutes.
- Season with smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in chicken broth and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Serve with buttered wide egg noodles.
What a treat this dish was. And so easy to make too! One of Zaar's hidden gems. It was my first time cooking with smoked paprika, and I must say that buying it was money well spent. Thank you for sharing this keeper.
Yummy and quick, what could be better? Will be making this agin. Thanks for posting.
Delicious and easy. Served with egg noodles tossed with fresh parsley and dill.