Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
For oyster lovers like myself
Make and share this smoked oyster spread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (4 ounce) can smoked oysters, drained and minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- Mix cream cheese with heavy cream until well blended and smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Serve with assorted crackers, breads and/or veggie sticks.
This was really good after chilling for about an hour. DH and I love to eat smoked oysters on crackers with cheese when we are camping. This just makes it one step easier. I used garlic salt instead of the minced garlic and salt. I'll be making this as a standard for all our future camping.
You have gotta love smoked oysters to appreciate this recipe. I originally found this recipe from an old cookbook of mine called Brian's Barge & Grill (and Kitina, you must have the same book!!). I used to make it when ever my Dad came for a visit, 'cuz he loves smoked oysters. As I am going through the process of sorting out my recipes and posting them, this one will get done again
This was a good recipe. Made it for my husband and his hunting buddies who always eat smoked oysters when they are out hunting. They said it was great!