Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This satisfies me when I am in a mood for something different. Good spread on wheat crackers.
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) can smoked oysters
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Drain the oysters; try to remove as much oil as possible by patting with paper towels.
- Put the oysters into the container of a food processor; process about 10 seconds or until minced.
- Add in the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, and Worcestershire sauce; process until well blended.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl; sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Serve with wheat crackers.
I thought this was pretty good, but it tastes like it's missing something small. I can't put my finger on it. I just mixed this with a spoon so I would have some chunks of oyster left rather than a smooth puree, and I really like it. I just wish I could put my finger on what my taste thinks it needs. I can't get a second opinion since I'm the only one in the house who will eat oysters of any kind! Thanks for sharing a tasty, easy recipe.
I just love easy and quick dishes to do. This filled the bill. I did add a bit of lemon juice to thin it down a bit and add a bit of a tang. Well received by my guests. Thanks NurseDi.