Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
I love smoked oysters and I am addicted to this as a snack! You can increase the amounts to serve to a crowd.
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) can smoked oysters
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch lemon pepper (optional)
- 1 -2 dash hot sauce, to taste
- Roughly chop oysers and in a medium bowl mix with cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce,hot sauce and lemon pepper.
- Chill at least one hour.
- Serve with sliced baguette or crackers.
Yummo! I served this Sat nite as part of a seafood appy party DH & I hosted to watch the *Eurovision Song Contest* & Icelandic election results. DH & I *LOVE* smoked oysters, always bring a healthy supply back w/us from the US & eat them atop crackers spread w/cream cheese. I made the recipe as written, but wanted a pate-like texture ... so I added 1 hard-boiled egg & used my immersion blender to get a *perfect pate* & admiring words of praise from DH & our guests. Thx for sharing this great & destined to be repeated recipe w/us. :-)
I love smoked oysters, too, and this made a nice spread. I still prefer them simply sitting atop a cracker, but enjoyed this as something different. Thanks for posting!
Wow...my 1000th review.....I finally made it!!! (been a member since 2002)! But enough about me! Thanks for a super easy & tasty recipe!! I didnt wait the hour required and it was still delicious & low carb to boot. I will make this again. Didnt change a thing!!!