1/1 Photo of Smoked Oyster & Rice Stuffing
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups long-grain white rice
- 3 3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, defatted
- 1/3 cup whiskey
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried chervil or 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 leeks, white & light green parts,washed and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, washed and torn into small pieces
- 7 1/2 ounces smoked oysters, drained and sliced
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F degrees.
- 2Place rice in a 9-by-13-inch casserole.
- 3In a saucepan, combine chicken broth, whiskey, basil and chervil (or thyme).
- 4Bring to a boil and pour over rice.
- 5Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- 6Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
- 7Add leeks, onion and celery.
- 8Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 9Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute more.
- 10Add spinach and oysters; cook, stirring, until spinach is just wilted, about 3 minutes.
- 11Stir into rice.
- 12Season with salt and pepper.
- 13(Keep warm, covered, in a 250°F oven for up to 1 hour. Or refrigerate for up to 2 days; reheat before serving).
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Oyster & Rice Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.2
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 6.7 mg
- Sodium 64.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 5.9 g