Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Tasty appetizer!
- 24 ounces thin sandwich bread
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) can smoked oysters
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon creamed horseradish
- shredded parmesan cheese
- TOAST CUPS:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut rounds from bread slices, using 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter.
- Brush both sides with butter and press into 1 3/4 inch muffin tins.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and leave in tins to cool.
- While toast cups are baking, beat together cream cheese and horseradish.
- Drain smoked oysters and blot with paper towels.
- Place one smoked oyster in each baked toast cup.
- Top each oyster with a dollop of cream cheese mixture, dividing evenly among cups.
- Top each cup with a pinch of shredded parmesan and dust lightly with paprika.
- Return to oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until parmesan melts.
- Cool slightly before removing from pan.
- Serve warm.
Very yummy, easy to make. I did a simple thing and just cut the crust off the bread and quartered....(then made croutons from the crusts with a bit of garlic and butter for salads later) Great flavor!