Recipe by evelyn/athens
There are a few recipes for smoked oyster pate or spread on this site, but none quite like this one. The inclusion of pecans makes this one delightfully nutty and sooooo good!
- 1 (4 ounce) can smoked oysters, drained
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pecans, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend smoked oysters, pecans, parsley and tabasco to suit your taste.
- Blend cream cheese and mayo in another bowl.
- Line a small bowl or terrine with plastic wrap; press the oyster mixture into the bottom of the bowl; cover with the cheese; cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate until set and flavours have blended (about 2-3 hours); unmold onto a plate; garnish with minced fresh parsley; serve with a selection of crackers.