Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy cold appetizer. If you don't like spicy cut back on the jalapeno & hot sauce but you are taking away lots of flavor
- 125 g cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped or 2 tablespoons plain parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon jalapenos or 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce (tabasco or other)
- 6 slices white bread, crusts removed,toasted
- 2 (104 g) cans smoked oysters
- finely chopped red onion (to garnish)
- Mix together the cream cheese, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno& hot sauce.
- Cut the toast slices into interesting shapes, 6 pieces per slice.
- Spread the cheese mixture thinly on each piece.
- Drain the oysters well on a paper towel.
- Pop an oyster on each toast piece.
- Sprinkle onion lightly over top.
One word... Delicious!!! 'nuff said, Barb =)