Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
A quick and tasty dip to prepare and serve warm or cold. For a fancier presentation (if serving cold), serve it in an attractive and colorful hollowed out vegetable, such as an acorn squash.
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (3 ounce) can smoked oysters, drained and chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- Sauté onion and mushrooms in butter.
- Combine oysters through hot pepper sauce in a bowl, and stir in onions and mushrooms.
- Serve cold with crackers or chips, or serve warm in chafing dish with pieces of French bread.
Very good. I used the seasoning salt and the smokiness came through just fine. I used more than a dash of hot sauce.
a delicious dip. i didnt use seasoning salt though as i think it would take away from the smokey oyster flavours. i served this to a big crowd and everyone loved it! thanks for the great recipe, echo.