1/1 Photo of Smoked Oyster and Mushroom Soup
This recipe comes from local chef Marlene van der Westhuizen's lovely cookbook, "Delectable". I find her recipes, ranging from France to South Africa, simple and practical. This one has tins in the ingredients yet manages to be sophisticated and quick to make. Do double the recipe if you like: this starter soup for 4 is rich so servings are small.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the soup, stirred well, in a saucepan, but do not boil!
- 2Halve the oysters and add, together with the cream and sherry.
- 3Stir and heat, and again do not boil.
- 4Serve in small, warmed soup cups or bowls, and garnish with the parsley and a generous grind of black pepper.
- 5Serve with slices of brown bread.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Oyster and Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.6
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 74.4 mg
- Sodium 462.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 3.5 g