Recipe by Outta Here
A rich bisque-type soup that is easy to make using canned soup and mussels, but tastes "fancy".
Top Review by pammyowl
I thought I would love this, I love lobster and crab bisque, but it didn't really work for me, too rich is the only way I can think of to describe it. It was a fun experiment, though, thanks Mikekey! Made for please make my recipe 2013
- 304.75 g can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 (207.51 g) can smoked mussels, drained and mashed with a fork into a paste
- 1 fresh tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 354.88 ml milk
- 354.88 ml water
- 2.46 ml dried herbs, mixed (thyme, marjoram, oregano, etc.)
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 29.58 ml dry sherry (not cooking sherry)
- 0.25 ml sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, mix the chicken soup, mussel paste, tomato, milk and water and bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat.
- Combine the dry herbs, flour and cream. Add to the soup mixture and stir over low heat until hot, but not boiling.
- Remove from heat and add the sherry and sugar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls with slices of crusty bread.