Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Food & Wine, November 2007
- 1 lb smoked mozzarella cheese, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- flatbread cracker, for serving
- In a food processor, combine the mozzarella, olive oil and pesto and process to a coarse paste.
- Scrape into a bowl.
- Stir in the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with flatbread crackers.
This makes an unusually good grilled cheese sandwich. I did not have pesto so I just blended the smoked mozzarella with 4 big cloves of garlic, nearly a whole 6.5 ounce jar of sundried tomatoes enough olive oil to bind it and salt. Butter the outsides of bread and spread this filling in the middle, cover and cook over medium low heat. Wow!
This stuff is GREAT! A friend made it for a party and then I made it for a little party and it is SO yummy! I could eat it by the spoonful!