Prep 20 mins
Cook 23 mins
This was so good, husband and kids loved it.
Make and share this Smoked Mozzarella Sandwiches With Tomatoes Two Ways recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, bits
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olives, chopped
- 8 slices sourdough French bread
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, preferably smoked
- 3 vine ripe tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup fresh dried leaf basil
- Place sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Squeeze dry.
- Mash garlic and salt into a paste.
- Transfer to a bowl and whisk in 1 tbsp.
- oil, lemon juice and red-pepper flakes.
- Add tomatoes to the oil/garlic dressing along with the olives.
- Mix well.
- Spread tomato tepanade over 4 bread slices.
- Arrange cheese slices on top and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Place tomato slices on top and season with salt and vinegar.
- Top with several basil leaves and set remaining bread slices on top.
Very good sandwiches. I really enjoyed the tapenade spread. Make sure your bread is thick or your sandwich will have difficulty staying together. Excellent combination of flavors and it is easy to make. Thanks!