Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
My favourite smoked mackerel dish. Full of Omega-3 and vitamin B rich. By Caz
- 275 g brown basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250 g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch spring onions or 1 bunch scallion, sliced on the diagonal
- 350 g smoked mackerel fillets, skinned and roughly flaked
- 20 g fresh coriander, roughly chopped (cilantro)
- 2 teaspoons walnut oil
- black pepper
- Cook the brown rice in salted water until tender- for about 25 minutes, or according to the packet then drain.
- Meanwhile heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and saute the mushrooms for 3 minutes until they begin to soften. Add most of the spring onion, saving a small handful for decoration, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and smoked mackerel and heat through for a few minutes, stir until evenly heated.
- Just before serving, stir in the coriander and drizzle with the walnut oil. Top with the remaining spring onions and some black pepper before serving.