- 250 g skinned smoked mackerel fillets
- 300 g new potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 cm ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed, dry toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potatoes until tender, then halve.
- Flake the fish into large pieces.
- Dice the onion and saute gently until translucent.
- Grate the ginger and crush the garlic.
- Add to the onion for 1 minute.
- Add the spices and cook until the aromas are released- 30 seconds or so.
- Add the fish and potatoes and heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with chopped fresh coriander.