- 1⁄2 lb hazelnuts, shelled
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a shallow pan, spread the shelled hazelnuts and roast for 20-25 minutes, until the skins crack.
- Remove the hazelnut skins by rubbing the between your hands while warm.
- Mix the butter, chili powder, liquid smoke, salt and cayenne pepper; then toss the nuts in this mixture.
- Bake the nuts for another 10 minutes.