Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I haven't tried this one yet, but it looks so yummy. Got this from easy home cooking aug/ sept 2000
Make and share this Smoked Ham Corncakes With Bean Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 ears fresh corn, shucked, kernels cut from cob and divided
- 2⁄3 cup chopped smoked ham
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- sour cream (optional)
- tomatoes, diced (optional)
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking soda, and salt in large bowl; set aside.
- Combine 3/4 cup buttermilk, eggs and cream cheese in blender container. Cover; blend on low speed until smooth. Add 1/2 cup corn; blend on low speed until coarsely chopped. Stir buttermilk mixture, remaining corn, ham and chives into cornmeal mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Drop 1/4 cup batter in hot oil; spread to 4 inch circle with wooden spoon. Cook corn cake 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove to paper towel. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Combine beans, remaining 1/4 cup buttermilk, remaining tablespoon oil, vinegar, garlic, sugar and pepper in blender container. Cover; blend on medium speed until smooth.
- Heat medium saucepan over low heat. Add bean mixture. Cook and stir 8 to 10 minutes until heated through. Pour into small serving bowl.
- Serve corn cakes with bean sauce, sour cream and tomatoes, if desired. Garnish as desired.