I haven't tried this one yet, but it looks so yummy. Got this from easy home cooking aug/ sept 2000
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 ears fresh corn, shucked, kernels cut from cob and divided
- 2/3 cup chopped smoked ham
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- sour cream (optional)
- tomato, diced (optional)
- 1Combine cornmeal, flour, baking soda, and salt in large bowl; set aside.
- 2Combine 3/4 cup buttermilk, eggs and cream cheese in blender container. Cover; blend on low speed until smooth. Add 1/2 cup corn; blend on low speed until coarsely chopped. Stir buttermilk mixture, remaining corn, ham and chives into cornmeal mixture.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Drop 1/4 cup batter in hot oil; spread to 4 inch circle with wooden spoon. Cook corn cake 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove to paper towel. Repeat with remaining batter.
- 4Combine beans, remaining 1/4 cup buttermilk, remaining tablespoon oil, vinegar, garlic, sugar and pepper in blender container. Cover; blend on medium speed until smooth.
- 5Heat medium saucepan over low heat. Add bean mixture. Cook and stir 8 to 10 minutes until heated through. Pour into small serving bowl.
- 6Serve corn cakes with bean sauce, sour cream and tomatoes, if desired. Garnish as desired.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Ham Corncakes With Bean Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.2
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 66.0 mg
- Sodium 314.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: