Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Smoked Haddock with Wholegrain Mustard Sauce & Poached Egg
- 700 g smoked haddock (or other smoked fish, e.g. cod, coley, etc.)
- 150 ml double cream
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard or 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 eggs
- 3 large peeled potatoes
- 4 thinly sliced spring onions
- Cut fish in to four equal sized portions.
- Place fish in a saucepan and add cold water until the fish is just covered.
- Bring to a simmer over a low heat and poach for about 4 minutes until cooked.
- Remove fish an keep warm.
- Boil Potatoes until soft and mash.
- Add spring onions to the mash and mix.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In small sauce pan heat the cream and add in the honey and mustard. Whisk gently to combine and remove from the heat.
- Poach 4 eggs.
- To server, place spoonful of mash in the centre of the plate, gently place fish on top, top with a poached egg and the honey mustard sauce.