This dish has a wonderful set of different textures and flavours. The recipe is from the London fish restaurant called Livebait.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 (125 g) smoked haddock fillets, undyed if possible
- 1Preheat the oven to 220 C/425°F.
- 2Peel the potatoes and parsnips, and grate them into a large bowl. Chop the spring onions and chervil and add them, season with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly, adding 50 ml olive oil.
- 3Cook rösti in two batches. Heat large frying pan with 25 ml of the oil. Press half of the rösti mixture into the hot pan in a flat layer.
- 4Cook on moderately high until the bottom crisps up, then turn it over on to the hot baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- 5Oil the haddock fillets and put them on to another baking sheet.
- 6Put both sheets into the oven for 10 minutes (rösti on the top where it's hotter - check it after 5 minutes).
- 7Meantime, crush the garlic and cook it in 10 ml of the olive oil until it begins to soften. Add spinach, stir until it has wilted completely. Press out the liquid that has formed while cooking, season and keep warm.
- 8Poach the eggs in water and vinegar - aim for a runny yolk.
- 9To serve, cut a wedge of the rösti, crown it with the spinach, haddock and on the top the poached egg.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Haddock With Potato and Parsnip Rösti
Serving Size: 1 (533 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.5
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 209.3 mg
- Sodium 455.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 29.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: