I found this recipe in a magazine many years ago. I'm not wild about fish but gave this a try and it is now a firm favourite with family and friends.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g smoked haddock fillets (2-3 fillets)
- 2 1/2 cups cooked spinach
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 1 sheet ready made puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup grated medium sharp cheddar
- 3 cups milk
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- 1To make cheese sauce, mix cornflour with a little water to make a runny paste.
- 2Melt butter in saucepan.
- 3Add milk and bring to near boiling point.
- 4Add the cornflour mix slowly and stir until milk is fairly thick.
- 5Add grated cheese and stir until melted. Take off stove and set to one side.
- 6Grease a round baking dish and spread the spinach evenly on the base.
- 7Season spinach with a little salt and pepper (optional).
- 8Cut smoked haddock into bite size pieces and place on top of the spinach.
- 9Pour cheese sauce over the spinach and haddock and allow to cool.
- 10Drape the pastry over the dish and gently push down the sides.
- 11Trim the excess pastry by running around the edge of the dish with the back of a knife.
- 12Use left over pastry to make a decoration on the top. (optional).
- 13Make 4 – 6 fork holes in the pastry.
- 14Brush egg wash over the pastry.
- 15Bake at 160ºC or 320ºF for approx 25 minutes or until pasty is golden.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Haddock, Spinach and Cheese Sauce Pie
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 654.7
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 176.0 mg
- Sodium 1254.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 44.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
medium sharp cheddar