Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
With Kashmiri Saffron. A great recipe from Waitrose.
Make and share this Smoked Haddock Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Place saffron threads in a small bowl. Add one tablespoon of boiling water and leave to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt butter in a large pan and cook leeks for 5 minutes, uncovered over medium heat.
- Stir in the potatoes, add the milk, stock and saffron liquor; bring to the boil and season well with black pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until potatoes are cooked.
- Skin and cut the haddock into large cubes; gently lower into the pan. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes, until the fish starts to flake and is just cooked.
- Pour into soup bowls, garnish with the chives and serve with chunks of multigrain bread.