Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A deeply satisfying and tasty soup using the classic combination of leek and potato with the luscious savoury flavour of smoked haddock. Never fails to elicit complementary comments and requests for seconds.
- Fry the leeks gently in the butter for 5 minutes then stir in the potatoes.
- Add the milk and stock and season with black pepper; Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or till the potatoes are tender.
- Squash the potatoes a bit with the back of a spoon if you'd like your soup slightly thicker.
- Gently lower the haddock chunks into the pan and simmer gently for five minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with crusty bread.
This recipe was really delicious and so easy to make! I am already forwarding the recipe to family and friends. Thanks!
Wow what a gorgeous recipe. This is a real keeper. I made it as per the instructions but added few more potatoes and a bit more haddock to make it a very substantial chowder that made a very filling supper served with crusty bread. All takers loved it. Definitely one to make again and again.
Delicious, hot, tasty and very healthy. Perfect for a dinner party or even to make fresh after a long day at work.