Recipe by BellaXenia
A deeply satisfying and tasty soup using the classic combination of leek and potato with the luscious savoury flavour of smoked haddock. Never fails to elicit complementary comments and requests for seconds.
Top Review by Trev
When my friend proposed this recipe in a college food tech lesson, I was a little bit sick in my mouth. I decided that maybe I was wrong and gave it a try. That was officially the end of my life. After I ate that demon spawn of a dish, I fell into a deep depression and a few weeks later sold my children into white slavery..
- 30 g butter
- 3 leeks, washed and finely sliced
- 300 g potatoes, cut into cubes
- 450 ml milk
- 300 ml stock
- 600 g smoked haddock, cut into bite sized chunks
- ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the leeks gently in the butter for 5 minutes then stir in the potatoes.
- Add the milk and stock and season with black pepper; Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or till the potatoes are tender.
- Squash the potatoes a bit with the back of a spoon if you'd like your soup slightly thicker.
- Gently lower the haddock chunks into the pan and simmer gently for five minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with crusty bread.