Recipe by kolibri
This is a tasty rich soup and the recipe will serve as a starter for four or a full meal for two. The recipe is from the London fish restaurant called Livebait.
- 1 kg plum tomato
- 1 bunch basil
- 1⁄2 bunch parsley
- 1⁄2 bunch thyme
- 250 g leeks
- 250 g waxy potatoes
- 500 g smoked haddock, undyed if possible
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 130 C/250°F.
- Cut the tomatoes in half lenghtways and arrange them on a baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and pepper and half of the basil, parsley and thyme. Bake in the oven for two hours until they are wrinkled and dry looking. Let the cool off, and then puree them in a blender.
- Wash the leeks and cut them into inch lenght pieces. Peel and dice potatoes.
- Skin the haddock fillets and chop them into bite-sized pieces.
- Bring stock to boil in large pot and add the tomato puree and stir. Reduce the heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the leeks and potatoes and simmer for a further 25 minutes until the potatoes are cooked, but firm.
- Add the remaining herbs, the paprika, haddock and simmer for five minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.