Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I've messed around with ingredients / ways of cooking this & found this to be as good as any.
Make and share this Smoked Haddock Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- Heat milk in a large pan (I use a wok) until just below simmering.
- Add smoked haddock fillets & cook until meat is firm (around 8 minutes).
- Allow to cool & flake the fish, into a bowl & cover.
- Pour the cooking milk into a large pan, add the fish stock, sweetcorn & potatoes & set on low heat.
- Meanwhile fry the streaky bacon until crispy.
- Remove with a slotted spoon & add to the pan.
- Fry the onions in the bacon fat until golden remove with a slotted spoon & add to the pan.
- Raise the temp & simmer until the potatoes are about cooked (20 mins).
- Add the flaked haddock & continue to simmer for 10 minutes more slowly stirring so the fish does not break up.
- Add the butter & cream & stir until butter has melted.
- Add smoked paprika & cayenne pepper to taste.
- Serve with crusty white farmhouse bread.