Prep 2 hrs
Cook 50 mins
This is a traditional Pakistani recipe I inherited from my mom its delicious, spicy and yummy..... It tastes amazing with pita bread or tortillas....
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 onions (thinly sliced)
- 4 tablespoons garlic paste
- 5 tablespoons ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon meat tenderizer
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder (roasted)
- 2 tablespoons white poppy seeds (roasted and grounded)
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder (Mix spice Powder)
- 150 g yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- Marinate the meat with garlic, ginger, tenderizer, salt &red chilli powder for minimum 2 hours.
- Roast the Corriander powder by placing the powder in a non stick frying Pan and cooking it over very slow heat until u can smell a good aroma.
- Roast poppy seeds the same way and than grind them to powder.
- Heat oil in a deep pot, fry onions till golden brown take it out and spread it on a flat surface.
- Cook the marinated meat in the same oil for about 5 minute
- Add Corriander Powder and poppy seeds powder cook for about 15 minute.
- Blend yogourt, fried onion and spice powder in a blender to make a fine paste.
- Add the paste to the meat and cook on a slow heat for about 30min or until the water dries out .
- When the oil rises on the curry place a piece of bread or foil or onion peels on the centre of the curry.
- Burn a piece of coal on the stove top and place it over the piece of foil and pour 1 tsp oil, instantly smoke will start coming out of it cover the pot immedietly.
- Take it of the heat and let it smoke for 5 minute.
- garnish with onions rings, lemon and shredded ginger pieces.
- Serve hot with Pita bread or tortillas.