Prep 12 hrs
Cook 20 mins
I found the original of this recipe on About.com by Lee Custer. Very good and easy! Lee grills his steaks, but we have started smoking ours and they are great!
- 680.38-907.18 g flank steaks
- 59.14 ml madeira wine
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml lemon pepper
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml sea salt or 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 28.39 ml soy sauce or 28.39 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2.46 ml marjoram
- Place flank steak in sealable plactic bag and add remaining ingredients. Note: Soy sauce will (naturally) make the marinade more salty.
- Rub marinade into steak and marinate for 6 to 12 hours. Turn bag over at least four times during marination.
- If grilling: Grill or broil flank steak over hot hardwood coals for about 8-10 minutes a side.
- If smoking: Heat the smoker to 250 degrees F and smoke until tender. For 3 flank steaks (essentially double/triple the recipe), smoke for 1 1/2 hours.
- When done, slice the flank steaks across the grain in thin strips.
This was a very nice marinade that we all enjoyed. It was easy to put together and the flavor is great. We love to smoke and can't wait to try this on the smoker. Thanks for posting!
3rd time I have tried to review this recipe!
It is great smoked as well as grilled!
Thank you for offering an option to my original recipe.