Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From The Fresh Market, this is a tasty makeover of your typical spinach dip! You can use full-fat cream and cream cheese if you prefer.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups white mushrooms, stems removed and caps chopped (or portabella, shiitake or any wild mushrooms)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 4 (8 ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3 cups smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In medium saute pan, melt butter over medium heat and saute mushrooms and garlic until soft, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In medium saucepan, combine half & half, cream cheese and Gouda over low heat.
- Stir constantly until ingredients have incorporated.
- Add mushroom mixture and spinach to cheese mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately with crackers, french bread rounds or fresh vegetables for dipping.
Loved this! I love mushrooms and the gouda and spinach with it is outstanding. I took it to a party and there were no leftovers. People asked me for the recipe. Delicious! A definite keeper recipe. Thanks for sharing.
I found this dip to be bland, everyone enjoyed it. There were no leftovers.