1/1 Photo of Smoked Gouda Risotto
Galley Wench's Note:
Original recipe came from Cooking Light, but I've made adjustments. If you like Risotto, your going to love this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine water and broth; set aside.
- 2Melt buter in a large nonstick saucepan Over medium heat.
- 3Add 1/3 cup shallots, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- 4Add rice.
- 5Cook 2 minutes uncovered, stirring constantly.
- 6stir in 1/2 cup wine; cook 30 seconds or until the liquid is absorbed, stirring constantly.
- 7Adding salt and 1/2 cup broth mixture, stir until absorbed.
- 8Continue adding broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly.
- 9Besure broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 20 minutes total).
- 10Stir in Gouda, cook just until melted.
- 11Stir in arugula or spinach.
- 12Cook just until spinach is wilted.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Gouda Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.8
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 949.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 15.3 g