Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This side dish goes wonderfully with shrimp dishes, stews, or even crustless quiche. This came from Cooking Light magazine.
- 6 cups cubed peeled baking potatoes (about 1 1/2lbs)
- 2⁄3 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese (3 oz)
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minsutes.
- Return potatoes to pan; add milk, salt and pepper.
- Mash with potato masher.
- Stir in the cheese.
- Serve and enjoy.
Pretty darn good! I used whole milk and "unsmoked" gouda, and had to add some more salt and pepper. The cooking time for the potatoes was perfect, and I really liked the texture of the end product. I think that some more gouda would make it even more flavourful. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Tali!