My family and friends LOVE these poppers! While the Gouda adds a nice smoky dimension, I have made with other cheeses as well...still tastes great. I spray the parchment paper with olive oil spray first. Adapted from The Food Network. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 links chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 lb smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (recommended ( Frank's Red Hot)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 12 large jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded and halved
- 1Special Equipment: parchment paper
- 2Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 3Brown chorizo in a skillet over medium-high heat, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and place into a large mixing bowl.
- 4Add the cheese, red onion, egg, cream cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, and salt and pepper, to taste.
- 5Press into jalapeno halves and assemble on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- 6Bake until golden and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top High Calcium Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All High Calcium Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Gouda Chorizo Jalapeno Poppers
Serving Size: 1 (771 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.4
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 29.9 mg
- Sodium 172.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 4.3 g