Recipe by LSU Tiger
Delicious side dish for breakfast or dinner. The Gouda gives a taste unlike other cheese grits I have had. Of course, cheddar or other cheese can be substituted. I got this from a lady in Louisiana.
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- salt, to taste
- white pepper
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 3⁄4 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth, milk and seasoning to boil.
- Stir in grits.
- Reduce heat and simmer.
- Stir occasionally (about 5-10 minutes).
- Add cheese and butter.
- Stir until melted and the consistency is to your liking.
- I like my grits on the runny side.
- Easily doubled or tripled or more.