1/6 Photos of Smoked Gouda Brussels Sprouts Gratin
Looking for a tasty fattening Brussels sprouts recipe? Look no further. It's not low-fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb frozen Brussels sprouts (or 1 lb fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup heavy cream (or half and half or a combination)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- salt, as needed to taste
- 1 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese (or regular Gouda, but I recommend smoked)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F Lightly grease/spray a casserole dish.
- 2In a large saucepan, cook Brussels sprouts in salted water until crisp-tender (fresh will take longer than frozen). Drain and place into prepared casserole dish.
- 3While sprouts are cooking, melt 2 tbsp butter in a small saucepan. Add shallots; cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- 4Reduce heat to medium-low; add flour to saucepan and stir constantly to blend.
- 5Add cream to saucepan; stir.
- 6Add sugar, pepper, paprika, salt, and shredded cheese to saucepan. Stir frequently and cook until cheese is melted and smooth.
- 7Pour sauce mixture evenly over Brussels sprouts in the casserole dish.
- 8In a small bowl, combine the 1 tbsp melted butter and the breadcrumbs. Evenly sprinkle over the top.
- 9Bake, uncovered at 375°F for 15-20 minutes or until top is bubbly and slightly browning.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Gouda Brussels Sprouts Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.6
- Calories from Fat 351
- Total Fat 39.0 g
- Saturated Fat 24.2 g
- Cholesterol 136.6 mg
- Sodium 356.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 13.2 g