Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Betty always does it best. This is a very delicious recipe!
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Smoked Gouda and Spinach Stuffing
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 375. Spray 9x9 pan with pam.
- Start making the stuffing. Squeeze the spinach to drain. Pat dry with paper towel. Mix remaining ingredients. Stir in spinach.
- Loosen skin from chicken. Gently separate in center, but leave skin attached at sides.
- Spread 1/4 of stuffing evenly between meat and skin of each chicken breast. Smooth skin over breast, tucking under loose areas.
- Put chicken, skin side up in pan. Brush with butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered 45 to 55 minute or until chicken is cooked throughly.