Recipe by Chabear01
My DBIL works in the rice industry here in our area where they had a contest for winning recipes, the company then sent home some of the best recipes with their employees. Here's one more that my DS has tried and her family really enjoyed. Serving sizes, preparation and cooking times are questimated since DS did not include them with her recipe to me, and I have yet to make this up...will revise when I do.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped shallot (one large shallot will do)
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat, add shallots and mushroom, saute about 6 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- Add hot rice, spinach, 1 1/4 cup gouda, and the cream. Stir until cheese melts and the mixture is heated through.
- Put mixture into a lightly greased 2 qt casserole, sprinkle remaining cheese over the top, broil about 2 minutes to melt cheese.