Recipe by gailanng
To make the roasted garlic, simply wrap and tighlty seal in foil a few cloves garlic, drizzled with olive oil until they turn golden and develop a nutty aroma. This can be easily done in a toaster oven.
- 4 (680.38 g) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 85.04-113.39 g smoked gouda cheese, shredded (remove rind before shredding)
- 8 slice prosciutto ham (6 - 8 ounces)
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 9.85 ml roasted garlic puree (smashed roasted garlic)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Pound the chicken until it is uniform in thickness and fairly thin (about 1/2 inch). Season to taste with salt and a grinding of black pepper. Place 1/4 cup smoked Gouda on half of each piece of chicken. (For 7- to 8-ounce breast halves, use about 1/3 cup cheese each.) Fold the other half of the chicken, enclosing the cheese completely.
- Place 2 slices of prosciutto on top of each stuffed breast; tuck the ends of the prosciutto under the chicken. Season with freshly cracked black pepper. Place the bundles in a greased, ovenproof saute pan or stovetop-safe baking pan. Bake until a thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 160 degrees, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove chicken from the pan; keep warm while preparing the sauce.
- Pour fat from the pan; discard. Place the pan on the stove over high heat; add cream. Cook until cream is reduced by half, whisking constantly. Add roasted-garlic puree, taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary. Spoon over stuffed chicken breasts and serve.