Smoked Gouda and Doppelbock Fondue
- Slice the clove of garlic in half and rub it against the bottom and sides of the pot, coating it in garlicy goodness.
- Add butter to pot and melt over high heat.
- Reduce to low heat and add flour, stirring constantly to create a roux. You do not want to brown the roux, but want to cook it a bit.
- Add beer and whiskey to pot and stir constantly until the roux is completely dissolved and the mixture is smooth and lump-free.
- Add cheese a handful at a time and stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Add mustard, cayenne and black pepper.
- Finish with hot sauce and worcestershire to taste.
- Serve with bratwurst, bread, veggies or anything else you like smothered in cheese.