Oh yeah. It's as delicious as it sounds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the clove of garlic in half and rub it against the bottom and sides of the pot, coating it in garlicy goodness.
- 2Add butter to pot and melt over high heat.
- 3Reduce to low heat and add flour, stirring constantly to create a roux. You do not want to brown the roux, but want to cook it a bit.
- 4Add beer and whiskey to pot and stir constantly until the roux is completely dissolved and the mixture is smooth and lump-free.
- 5Add cheese a handful at a time and stir until completely melted and smooth.
- 6Add mustard, cayenne and black pepper.
- 7Finish with hot sauce and worcestershire to taste.
- 8Serve with bratwurst, bread, veggies or anything else you like smothered in cheese.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Gouda and Doppelbock Fondue
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.2
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 103.3 mg
- Sodium 521.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 24.1 g