Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from a fish market in Chicago called "The Fish Guy Market" and it's wonderful. Cook time is actually the chilling time.
- 3 ounces smoked trout or 3 ounces cod or 3 ounces arctic char or 3 ounces white fish fillets, skinned,boned and flaked
- 3 ounces smoked salmon or 3 ounces sturgeon fillets or 3 ounces mackerel, skinned,bonned and flaked
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon, rind of
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 dash kosher salt or 1 dash sea salt
- fresh dill (optional)
- pita bread, cut in wedges or thinly sliced French bread or assorted fresh vegetables or cracker
- In a food processor or blender, add smoked fish, cream cheese, lemon peel and juice; cover and blend until almost smooth.
- Transfer fish to a serving container; stir in parsley, dill, shallot, black pepper and salt; cover and chill mixture in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- To serve, let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes; garnish with additional dill and serve with suggested accompaniants.
This was really lovely--I would recommend not using a food processor or blender though. I mixed everything but the fish together by hand, then chopped the trout and salmon into large pea-sized bits and gently folded them in. Made it chunky, pretty, and interesting!