Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is so easy and delicious! I usually use smoked salmon for personal tastes. From the "What Can I Bring Cookbook?" Chill time is 2 hours up to 48 hours and is not included in cook time.
- 4 -6 ounces smoked fish fillet (salmon, trout or bluefish)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mayonnaise (more or less to your liking ( we like more)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley (plus more for garnish ( optional)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (Cholula, Franks etc use more to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- capers (optional to garnish)
- Remove and discard any skin on the fish. Place the fish in a medium sized bowl and flake it with a fork. Add the cream cheese and 1 tablespoon of the mayo and stir until well blended , and the pate is a consitency of your liking (we like ours quite chunky -- almost requiring a spoon) adding more mayo or cream cheese as needed.
- Fold in celery, 1/4 cup of parsley and the onion. Add the lemon juice and hot pepper sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon into serving dish, cover and chill until serving time (at least 1-2 horus up to 48 hours).
- Remove and garnish with additional parsley and capers if using.
- Servie with crackers or for a chunkier pate, use toast points.
I followed instructions as listed except for using celery leafs instead of parsley. I used 1 capful of "Reallemon" lemon juice as this item was not listed in the ingredients only in instructions. I served this on canape crackers and tossed a few capers with them and they went very quicly. Great Pate. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Made this for a buffet party at work and it was a big hit, used a mix of smoked salmon and smoked trout, next time might add some olives too. Very tasty and easy. Made for ZWT6