Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Guests who pedaled their way to an outdoor Thanksgiving meal in Key West knew not to expect a humdrum Trukey Day meal.;) Hostess and Caribbean Light cookbook author Donna Shields likes to get creative with traditional favorites and prefers to dish up healthy options.Here's a sampling from her unconventional menu. (From b.y.o.b. - bring your own bicycle! article in Coastal Living Magazine, November 2008 Issue)
- 1 lb boneless smoked fish fillet
- 1⁄2 cup seeded finely chopped tomatoes (about 1 medium)
- 1⁄3 cup finely sliced green onion
- 1⁄3 cup peeled finely grated fresh horseradish
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- stone-ground wheat crackers, for serving
- Remove any skin from fish; crumble into small p[ieces.
- Add tomato and remaining ingredeints, stirring well until well blended.
- Serve with stone-ground wheat crackers.