Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a really nice dish. Cooked solely in the microwave. My family always look forward to it and there are never leftovers.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup bran flakes
- 100 g butter
- cold water
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 broccoli florets
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 cup tasty cheese
- salt and pepper
- 250 g smoked fish fillet
- Combine flour and bran in basin. Rub in butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add sufficient cold water to mix it to a firm dough. Roll out on a floured board and line a 25cm dish. Chill for 30 minutes. Prick with fork, then cook, high power, 7-11 minutes, or until crisp and golden. Set aside.
- Place onion and butter in small microproof dish and micro-cook, high power, 3 minutes.
- Wash broccoli and place in small microproof casserole dish. Cover and micro-cook, high power, 2-3 minutes.
- Place eggs, evaporated milk, milk, herbs, half the cheese and salt and pepper in microproof jug. Mix well and micro-cook, high power, 2 1/2 - 3 minutes, stirring twice.
- Arrange broccoli, onion and smoked fish in cooked flan.
- Pour over milk/cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and paprika. Micro-cook, medium-low power (50%) 8-10 minutes.