Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
ZWT7 Pacific Islands. Smoked fish and fresh fruit make a perfect match when combined in this recipe and served as an appetizer.
- 7 ounces smoked salmon
- 7 ounces smoked trout
- 7 ounces smoked mackerel (or salt cod)
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 mixed green and red grapes, halved and deseeded
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 9 ounces assorted berries (strawberries, raspberries, etc)
- 6 green olives, pitted and halved
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 12 skewers
- Cut the fish into 1-inch pieces.
- Alternate pieces of the three fish, folding where necessary, with the cherry tomatoes, fruit and olives.
- Season lightly with pepper and squeeze over the juice from the lemon wedges.
I'm not usually big on skewering things, but must admit that these were tasty appetizers! I cut the recipe in half for the 2 of us & set out three of the skewers for each of us! No cooking for this one, & we were very satisfied with the smoked fish! Will definitely be doing this one again sometime ~ Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed while in Scandinavia with ZWT6]