Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
These little bites of poppers are absolutely incredible. My brother-in law first made them with beef and cheese so I changed it to my tastes. These are the first to go at parties!! People ask if I'm going to bring them!!
- 12 fresh jalapenos
- 6 ounces squeeze packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 12 pieces of precooked grilled fajita chicken strips
- jalapeno, cast iron holder for the grill (found at grill shops or on line)
- Freeze the jalapenos in a baggie in the freezer the night before you want to cook them.
- Take them out of the freezer, cut off the tops and scrape out the seeds. Much easier when frozen. Freezing them also takes out a bit of the heat.
- Squeeze 1/2 package of cream cheese into jalapeno.
- Stuff a piece of grilled chicken strip into cream cheese.
- Place poppers into holder and put them in the smoker for 45 minutes.
- Serve while hot as an appetizer.
Great jalapeno poppers! I don't have a "holder" for the peppers, but instead I used a cast-iron grill pan -- this helps to hold the peppers in place. The only change I made was to wrap the peppers in a piece of bacon -- I think it helps to keep them moist and adds a real depth of flavor. I used pre-cooked chicken fajita meat from the grocery and it worked out perfectly. Will definitely make these amazing appetizers again! Made for Spring PAC, April, 2012.