1/3 Photos of Smoked Corn and Pepper Chowder
Found this at the Weber sight and tweeked. You've got corn, jalapenos, potatoes, bacon, onions in a creamy spicy soup! Warming Comfort Food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ears sweet corn, husks and silk removed
- 2 jalapenos, stems removed
- 3 slices bacon, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 large potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 pound)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1Prepare charcoal or gas grill or traditional smoker for Indirect smoking on Low Heat.Use one layer charcoal for smoker and place food on top grate. For best results for this recipe, use hickory or mesquite wood chips or chunks.
- 2Place corn and peppers on cooking grate of fully smoking grill or smoker. Smoke 1 to 1-1/2 hours over charcoal or 20 minutes over gas. Remove corn and pepper; allow to cool. Cut corn kernels from the cob with a sharp knife. Remove seeds from jalapeno. I like to keep some in and diced.
- 3In a Dutch oven, cook bacon over low heat until crisp. Add onions and cook 2 minutes or until transparent. Add green and red peppers and continue to cook for 6 minutes, until peppers are tender. Add flour. Stir and cook for 3 minutes. Add chicken stock gradually, stirring to combine. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Add smoked corn kernels, peppers, potatoes, and bay leaf; simmer 20 minutes.
- 4Add heavy cream, salt, Worcestershire sauce, white pepper, and hot pepper sauce. Return to a simmer for 1 minute.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Corn and Pepper Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.0
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 37.8 mg
- Sodium 333.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 7.3 g